Skip to main content

Child Care Assistance

Child Care Resources

There are several child care reosurces available to student parents. 
Child Development Center located at Eastern Scholar House

Child Development Center located at the Eastern Scholar House is managed through Foothills Community Action. They are an Early Head Start and Head Start program that takes children from 6 weeks to 5 years old.  Contact them today for more information at 859-408-7025.

EKU Student Child Care Assistance Program (SCCAP) Grants

SCCAP provides financial assistance for low-income parents at EKU’s main campus in Richmond, as well as regional campuses in Corbin and Manchester. Payments will be made directly from EKU to high-quality,  child care providers that meet licensing regulations and are accredited or seeking accreditation. Contact the Center for Student Parents at 859-622-6684 for more information on how to apply.

Burrier Child Development Center

EKU’s on-campus early childhood lab school is accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children and has a five-star rating from the state of Kentucky. Priority registration is given to children of EKU students. CCAMPIS funding will be used to expand the BCDC to provide more space and services for children. Contact the Burrier Child Development Center at 859-622-3445.

Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)

CCAP provides subsidies to help parents pay for child care costs.  If you are a full time student at an accredited GED program, college or university you may be eligible. Contact your local office Department for Community Based Services office to learn how to apply




















































































    Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/